Sunday, February 13, 2011

Prayer, Patience, and Abundance

I have cards that have motivational messages on them, each from an angel.  You choose one randomly to discover what the angel wants you to know.  One day I chose three cards at a time.  I was delighted to see the messages Prayer, Patience and Abundance.  I felt inspired since I had been praying and patient, and was hoping for a lighter load in my life and good things to come my way.
After that, I saw the word "abundance" all around me.  I read it in books, saw it on a poster at the store, and read in several places on the internet.  I could hardly believe my eyes each time I saw it.  I have no doubt that the word was placed there for me to see.  Then for my birthday, a friend gave me a little gift.  She chose it because a year before my life was so intense that I was practically unable to discuss anything of a superficial nature.  I had told her, "I would love to discuss something as simple as curtains, but I just can't right now.  My mind is too involved in all this mess".  So this year, she chose something that was insignificant just for fun: a little glass fish with rainbow colors.  Now keep in mind I hadn't told her about my Prayer, Patience, and Abundance message.  When I opened the box, there was a paper inside that explained that the significance of the fish is that the Chinese word for fish is, no kidding, "Abundance".  Wow!
I put the fish on my kitchen windowsill and looked at it at every opportunity, each time thinking of the word abundance.  At first, I was more focused on obtaining financial abundance since I was concerned about my financial future.  Then it dawned on me one day that the message may be about abundance I already have.  I began to focus on gratitude for my beautiful, healthy children, clothes, shelter, and joy.  I don't need any more than that.
A few months later, I fell into some financial opportunities, obtained a couple great new friends and the success of a creative endeavor.  I feel tremendously grateful for all that is provided to me and how much abundance I feel in my life when I focus on what gifts I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment